Monday 1 December 2014

A book blog! Why didn't I think of this earlier?






As a book obsessive for as long as I can remember, I really don't know why I didn't start a book blog a long time ago. Still, better late than never, I say!

Books have always been reliable friends. They may be evolving at a dizzying rate, from paper to pixels and beyond, but they can still be relied on to take us to different worlds, to let us experience the fantastic, the spine-chilling and the funny. From the days of Homer, when a bard would entertain his audience with a prodigious feat of memory, to today's proliferation of books, stories have always been key to the human experience. I suspect, I hope, this will continue, although who knows what form they will take in the future.

I have been assured that a genre blog is better in terms of gaining an audience, but I'm not sure I can limit myself to that degree. I enjoy many types of books, and I'm pretty sure I'm not that different from much of the reading public. If a book is well-written, thought-provoking and reluctant to let me put it down, chances are I'll blog about it!

That said, you're unlikely to find any chick-lit on this blog (is that even still a thing?).

I'm planning a series of posts and ruminations on my favourite books and genres - history, science-fiction, fantasy, mainstream. Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment